Monday, January 4, 2010

Featured Player - Vincent Kan











Vince is one of the clubs most valued honorary senior members and judging by that medal, he is clearly a contest winner.  I'd say Vince is known for 2 things on the court: 1. Shouting words so loud to the point that they are unrecognizable, such as  "out." 2. bananas.  Now, lets take a look at this interview!



1. Who is your badminton hero?
    I don't have heroes.  But I do admire Taufik Hidayat quite a bit.  With a backhand that potent, he must beat his wife regularly.  While that may be outside the realm of acceptable behavior, sometimes you have to commit sacrifices for the love of the sport.


2. Describe your badminton fantasy.
    To have Gillian Clark commentate on every single one of my games.  Hell, while we're at it, she can commentate on every single second of my life.  She's just that good.
3. What makes you angry?

    Inattentive drivers.  False accusations.  Badminton.
4. Do you like bananas?

    If stuffing my face with two bananas a day is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
5. What is your best badminton move?

    All of them.  Most notably, the Mega Man.
6. Describe fellow club member, Chern Lim in 3 words.

    DE. CEP. TION. 
7. What is on your badminton wish-list?
    I wish I had more time to play badminton.
8. If you could have lunch with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be?

   If I'm paying the bill, any 3 dead people will do.  Also, I eat rather slowly, and I can't imagine that corpses are in a rush to go anywhere soon.
9. What is your worst badminton move?

   Playing with Diane Yang.  She has a tendency to direct the shuttle into the net with her serve.  I have a tendency to strike her body with my racquet as I serve.  Neither strategy is particularly effective.
10. If you could choose, how would you like to die?

    With my hands gripped firmly around your neck.  If I'm going down, you're coming with me.
11. What is your motto?

   Don't take life too seriously.  Nobody makes it out alive anyway.


I can't agree more with you about Gillian Clark, Vince. Question number 10? Not so much. 


BEN




1 comment:

Words are encouraged.